From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem about my own overlay
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:08:02
1 Chen Huan writes:
2
3 > I had done some hack on jabberd2, and I make a new ebuild for it, To
4 > avoid the new ebuild being overwrite when I execute "emerge --sync", I
5 > make /var/lib/layman/myown for this ebuild
6 >
7 > when I emerged jabberd2, it's normal, but when I try to re-merge it,
8 > the output is :
9 >
10 > Calculating dependencies... done!
11 > [ebuild R ] net-im/jabberd2-2.2.8 USE="berkdb ldap mysql pam ssl
12 > zlib -debug -memdebug -postgres -sqlite" 0 kB [?=>1]
13 >
14 > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
15 > Portage tree and overlays:
16 > [0] /usr/portage
17 > [1] /var/lib/layman/myown
18 > [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined
21 > It says the jabberd2 's source repository could not be determined
22 >
23 > I know it is not a problem and can be ignored, but I want to know where
24 > I should modify to fix it?
25
26 The usual way would be to put it into the local overlay which is defined
27 by the PORTDIR_OVERLAY setting in /etc/make.conf. In order to avoid
28 another warning message, create a directory 'profile' there with a file
29 'repo_name' containing an arbitrary name, like 'my local portage tree'.
30
31 Wonko