From: Florian HEGRON <hogren@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wifi, problem, problem, problem
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:37:07
1 Hello,
2
3 First :
4 I use Gentoo since few weeks.
5 It's very technical distro. I learn about linux, and many tools. I
6 really learn to do what I want.
7 It's a good distro !
10 My problem :
11 Recently, I decided to install Gentoo on an old acer laptop.
12 And as everydays, when I try to install my wifi device on a Gnu/linux
13 distro, I have a problem.
14 The wireless card is Intel Pro 2200BG.
17 I tried to follow the simple wiki page
18 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Wifi
19 It appears easy because my card is in the list.
20 I config my kernel as indicated. I tried too to active the support of
21 all proposed wifi device.
22 I rebooted on the new compiled kernel.
23 I emerge sys-firmware/iwl2000-ucode without problem.
24 After a reboot, I tried to use ifconfig -a but I only see my lo, enp6s8
25 (ethernet), and sit0 (ipv6 I think).
26 I tried to unmerge sys-firmware/iwl2000-ucode and emerge
27 sys-kernel/linux-firmware but nothing more.
31 Anybody has an idea ?
32
33 Thank you !