From: laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cleaning disfiles
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:34:14
1 Alan McKinnon a écrit :
2 > On Wednesday 25 March 2009 14:03:34 laurent wrote:
3 >
4 >>> But this is not a good idea, as distfiles will be owned by root or
5 >>> portage and it's in your home directory owned by you.
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >> drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 4096 mar 24 20:19 home
9 >>
10 >> looks owned by root.
13 > /home is not your home directory.
14 >
15 > Out of the box emerge runs as the portage user, which will not have write
16 > permission to your home directory unless you modify the ownership/permissions.
17 >
18 > But your real problem is a stupid original disk layout. Why don;t you decide
19 > to fix that instead of getting into cute tricks with symlinks?
22 Because I let my server host install it with their default disk layout.
23 When I realise it looks pretty un-servish I had already installed http
24 server with client website on it.
25 The simplest for me was to move folders because I did not find any 'how
26 to' that say it would be simple de repartition with keeping your data on.
27
28 Laurent