From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unexpected interrupt
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:27:18
1 On Thursday 26 November 2015 18:15:26 James wrote:
2
3 > And this is an different approach suggesting for Peter's Chrony issues
4 > so it might warrant a new thread anyway.
5 >
6 > <snip>
7 > The installation-default file causes the start-stop-daemon to catch an
8 > unexpected interrupt and report an error, even though the chronyd
9 > process
10 > continues to run.
11 >
12 > Any time I run 'strace -ff -o/tmp/chronyd.strace /etc/init.d/chronyd
13 > start' the init process runs normally and I'm left with scores of trace
14 > files, none of which help because the stray interrupt wasn't detected
15 > <end/snip>
16 >
17 > So, a while back the excellent tools of trace-cmd and kernelshark (part of
18 > trace-cmd) were added to the portage tree.
19 >
20 > Here is a little 'diddy' that might get you going [1]. Also, there is much
21 > posted on the use of ftrace, trace-cmd and kernelshark. These very
22 > powerful tools take a while to master. Often, I try to recreate deep
23 > performance problems on minimal system, just to reduce the amount of data
24 > one has to parse.
25 --->8
26 > [1]
27 > http://fabbritech.blogspot.com/2013/11/using-ftrace-and-kernelshark-part-2
28 > .html
29
30 Thanks anyway, but it turns out to have been a spurious parameter in the
31 init script (see my other message).
34 Rgds
35 Peter