From: Alastair Irving <alastair.irving@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with kernel 2.6.26
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:00:36
1 Hi
2
3 I've just tried to do a kernel upgrade from 2.6.25-gentoo-r4 to
4 2.6.26-gentoo. I coppied my existing config and did a make
5 oldconfig. The compile seemed to go without errors, but when I try
6 and boot the system hangs. The last output is
7
8 Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
11 Looking at my logs for the old kernel suggests that the next thing to
12 happen should be
13 Switched to high resolution mode on CPU 1
14
15 My system is a Samsung q35 laptop which has an intel core duo
16 processor.
17
18 Do people have any suggestions of how to solve this or should I file a
19 bug?
22 Alastair Irving