From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world rebuild with gcc-6.3.0 - not completely there yet
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 11:47:41
1 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > During the weekend I 'emerge -e' a couple of ~amd64 systems with
3 > gcc-6.3.0:
4 >
5 > 1. gnome desktop, 1000 packages, all build fine except:
6 > - net-libs/webkit-gtk, rebuilding it again after world fixed it
7 > (possibly an issue with -j MAKEOPTS, a similar build failure is
8 > mentioned in bug 515968 although it's for an older package version)
9 > - sci-electronics/gnucap (bug 594184)
10 > - games-action/armagetronad (bugs 610844, 617768)
11 >
12 > 2. lxde media center, 850 packages, all fine except:
13 > - games-sports/trigger
14 > - games-sports/torcs
15 > Haven't had time to process these yet.
16 >
17 > Looks like it's still better to keep a gcc-5.x version around.
18 >
19 > raffaele
24 I'm glad you posted this. I read on -dev the other day about them
25 thinking about skipping to gcc 7 or something. I was thinking about
26 jumping to gcc 6 for now. I was curious as to the problems tho since it
27 is not likely to widely used yet. Then here comes your post about it.
28 You pretty much answered my question except that I use KDE where it
29 seems you use Gnome.
30
31 You have ESP or something?? lol
32
33 Anyone using KDE and gcc 6 yet? Problems?
34
35 Dale
36