From: Gerhard Hoogterp <gerhard@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/hda not created
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:56:58
1 On Wednesday 11 January 2006 21:20, Michael George wrote:
2 > I've got one of my servers that doesn't have /dev/hda on it at boot
3 > time.
4 >
5 > I've got a lite-on DVD burner there that works just fine (once I create
6 > the device) and is noted as "hda" in the boot messages.
7 >
8 > However, /dev/hda doesn't exist. That's a problem. /dev/hda?* did
9 > exist, though...
10
11 Ha! Thatone kept me busy for a long time too (hdc/hdd in my case, but guess
12 that doesn't matter!)
13
14 In my case it was solved by adding the ide-cd module to
15
16 /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
17
18 (try first with modprobe ide-cd and ls -l /dev/hda)
19
20 Good luck
21 Gerhard
22 --