From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ffmpeg - fails to compile on amd64
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:30:57
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > On 12/12/11 14:52, Michael Mol wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >>
5 >> gcc-config $SOME_PROFILE
6 >>
7 >> where SOME_PROFILE is something you'll find under /etc/env.d/gcc
8 >>
9 >> After that, things worked fine for me again.
10 >>
11 >> (I was in the process of building an email because I was going to ask
12 >> this list for help, and I figured out the solution while building the
13 >> narrative of things I was trying and testing. It'll probably show up
14 >> as another blog post.)
15 >> --
16 >> :wq
17 >
18 > I have only three files in there
19 > ll /etc/env.d/gcc/
20 > .NATIVE
21 > config-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.5.3
22 > Should I run it on config-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu or
23 > x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.5.3 ?
26 Use this command to see if one is set:
27
28 gcc-config -l
29
30 Then you can use gcc-config <number you want to select> to set it if it
31 is not set. If it is set, it should look like this:
32
33 [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.4.5
34 [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.5.3 *
35
36 Note the little * on the end? That is the one that it is trying to
37 use. Sometimes it gets unset, especially if you install a new gcc and
38 remove the old without setting it to use the new one first, then things
39 tend to error out when gcc is called and it is not there.
40
41 Hope that helps.
42
43 Dale
44
48 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
49
50 Miss the compile output? Hint:
51 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"