From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why can't I emerge portage-2.3.67?
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 14:11:32
1 On Sunday, 27 October 2019 16:02:53 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > But ~amd64 means that it's unstable. I want to use a stable version of
3 > portage.
4 >
5 > That's why I went to 2.3.69
6
7 I beg your pardon, I copied the portage version from the title of your post
8 erroneously.
9
10 Let me start again:
11
12 sys-apps/portage-2.3.76
13
14 is the *current* stable version of portage, irrespective of what your present
15 state of portage tree, which is out of sync with the mirrors, thinks.
16
17 The way forward is to mark sys-apps/portage-2.3.76 as ~amd64 *temporarily*
18 only, then emerge it, then re-sync and finally unmark sys-apps/portage-2.3.76
19 as ~amd64 in your /etc.
20
21 Following a resync your local tree will be brought up to date and portage will
22 no longer require further updates, since you will have installed the latest
23 stable version (as of this morning at least).
24
25 > (Sorry, Mick, for the private msg - I always forget that thunderbird
26 > replies directly, and that I have to re-enter the list every time)
27
28 No problem. :-)
31 Regards,
32