From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rename /dev/nvme0n1 to /dev/sda
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 02:58:53
1 On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > My new laptop uses /dev/nvme0n1 instead of /dev/sda which conflicts
3 > with the script I use to manage about 12 similar laptops running
4 > Gentoo. Is there a udev method for renaming the disk that will work
5 > well with any USB disks that happen to also be attached?
6 >
7 > crw------- 1 root root 252, 0 Aug 31 11:34 /dev/nvme0
8 > brw-rw---- 1 root disk 259, 0 Aug 31 11:34 /dev/nvme0n1
9 > brw-rw---- 1 root disk 259, 1 Aug 31 11:34 /dev/nvme0n1p1
10 > brw-rw---- 1 root disk 259, 2 Aug 31 11:34 /dev/nvme0n1p2
13 Admittedly I don't know how to do what you are asking, but my
14 experience has shown me the better solution is likely to modify your
15 management script and to store the device-specific configuration
16 external to the script and associate it with the device.
17
18 R0b0t1.