From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firmware exists but fails to load
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 01:54:46
1 > ? Udev has been the standard way to service kernel firmware requests for
2 > quite some time. The relevant bit is in
3 > /lib/udev/rules.d/50-firmware.rules .
4
5 Ok so that must be working on my laptop (automatically, i didn't
6 configure anything) but failing on my desktop.
7
8 > However, udevd is only started after the kernel is loaded, and therefore
9 > will only load firmware for drivers which are built as modules.
10
11 I tried compiling as a module, and it still failed. I'll go back and
12 verify I haven't made a mistake, then check firmware.rules.
13
14 Thanks again.