From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering root password
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:39:14
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I've revived an old Gentoo laptop, but I've forgotten the root
3 > password. I remember the password to my user account and I can log in
4 > there fine. Can I recover the root password?
5 >
6 > - Grant
9 I think you can boot into single user mode and reset it. You have to
10 put it on the end of the grub boot line but I can't recall what the
11 exact option is. May help you search tho.
12
13 You can also boot the CD and chroot in to reset it as well. I'm sure
14 that will work just as well.
15
16 Dale
17