From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo wiping out Gtk 2 support from packages that support it?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 17:16:29
1 Hi Alan and all,
2
3 On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 05:19:46PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > easy.
5 >
6 > Two USE flags: gtk2 and gtk3
7 >
8 > in ebuild:
9 >
10 > DEPEND="
11 > gtk2? (x11-libs/gtk+:2)
12 > gtk3? (x11-libs/gtk+:3)
13 > "
14
15 This doesn't account for all possible use flag settings. If I had
16 neither flag set, neither version of gtk would be installed, or if I had
17 both set, both versions would be installed. You can't just choose a
18 default in src_configure; you have to worry about it in the dependencies
19 as well. If you don't, you can force installation of a package the user
20 doesn't need or not install something they do need.
21
22 William