From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Virtualization
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:56:25
1 On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Nick Khamis<symack@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hey Guys,
3 >
4 > I really apperciate your help but as it sits I am unable to compile
5 > vmware-server 1.x or XEN. I have attached the build log. Basically I know I
6 > can larman the new version of vmware-server2 but I heard it is a clunker. I
7 > really need to get virtual servers up on the server before I get fired ;) :)
8 > lol.
9
10 Hi,
11
12 vmware is very touchy when it comes to the kernel version you're
13 using. If you want to use an older vmware you should use an older
14 kernel, too. If you want to use the newest kernels you should use
15 vmware overlay and emerge the latest vmware stuff. :) At least that's
16 my experience with it.