From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] iTunes with Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:27:22
1 On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:43 AM, andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On mar, 2008-03-18 at 10:11 -0700, Joshua D Doll wrote:
3 >
4 > > iTunes works pretty well, running on a VM of windows. I run windows XP
5 > > with VMWare Workstation and have iTunes installed to sync my iPod,
6 > > because no OSS solutions handle m4a very well :-(.
7 >
8 > Same here with VirtualBox. ITunes works fine for the ipod too.
11 Older versions of iTuens run OK under Codeweavers. I haven't kept up
12 my subscription of Crossover Office as it's just far easier to use
13 iTunes for purchases under Windows. Mostly I don't buy much from them
14 as I don't like the sound of their encoding but it works great for
15 keeping my kid happy.
16
17 I tend to use iTunes to rip my CDs in Apple's lossless encoder as that
18 format is supported in Windows and OSX as well as Aqualung on Linux.
19 If I don't use iTunes to rip then I do it in Linux using K3b.
20
21 Hope this helps,
22 Mark
23 --