From: Ghaith Hachem <blacksadness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fairwell for now
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:37:00
1 i've run the live cd and the installer on my MSI neo4 with amd athlon
2 64 3000+ and 1GB of RAM with no errors.. i just ran into a problem
3 that i made myself by canceling the installation while still
4 partitioning the system it deleted the partitions but that was easliy
5 fixed.
6 a bug in the installer is that it hangs when installing ssmtp but if
7 you want to install the system just install the packages marked GRP to
8 get a workign system and boot it and emerge whatever package you
9 need..
10 i personally liked the old isntallation method more it gave me great
11 experience but if you're in a rush and want the system to just work
12 the installer is perfect
13