From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone at Hosting Europe here?
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 16:32:13
1 Florian Philipp schrieb:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > Does anyone on this list have a virtual server from Hosting Europe
5 > running Gentoo?
6 >
7 > I'm currently trying to get a VPS 4.0 working. With VPS 3.0 it was no
8 > problem to run Gentoo using this guide: [1]. Now I'm trying to port it
9 > to 4.0 (4 times the guaranteed RAM at the same price) but the system
10 > just doesn't boot or gets its network up.
11 >
12 > If I don't find the problem myself this weekend, I have to go back to
13 > the default Ubuntu and port my complete setup to that.
14 >
15 > I'm thankful for any hints.
16 >
17 > Florian Philipp
18 >
19 > [1] http://log.onthebrink.de/2008/04/gentoo-on-1-vserver.html
22 Since Hosting Europe uses a VServer based solution [2], any experience
23 with Gentoo guests on that might be useful.
24
25 I've also noticed that the new system is AMD64 while the old one was
26 32bit. Does booting a 32bit userspace in a 64bit VServer environment
27 pose any problem? Executing the 32bit binaries of my setup in the repair
28 system works flawlessly.
29
30 [2] http://linux-vserver.org