From: Jure Varlec <exzombie@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] get unversioned list of installed packages without eix or esearch
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:52:00
1 On Monday 26 June 2006 08:44, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > I was of course considering something like this:
3 >
4 > # cd /var/db/pkg && ls * |
5 > ${some_magic_regular_expression_to_remove_version}
6 >
7 > But I have found it impossible to make a regular expression that does break
8 > for at least one of those:
9
11 It works on the examples you provided. I don't think anything in the tree
12 uses '-' in the version number, unless it's a case of '-rN'. But you never
13 know, of course, so I always double check all package names I ever filter
14 through anything.
15
16 Regards
17 Jure