From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing CVS on non-standard port
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 00:50:08
1 Adam Carter writes:
2
3 > Hmm, I don't get it. Why would this .ssh/config not work?
4 >
5 > Host gateway
6 > Hostname gateway.example.com <http://gateway.example.com>
7 > User alan
8 > LocalForward 1111 cvs.example.com:22 <http://cvs.example.com:22>
9 >
10 > Host cvs
11 > Hostname localhost
12 > Port 1111
13 > User alan
14 >
15 > You log in at gateway first, and during that session you can access the
16 > CVS server with 'ssh cvs', or use CVS via CVSROOT=:ext:cvs:/var/cvs.
17 > Can't you?
20 > You missed Alan's point - the ssh forwarding works, but cvs doesnt
21 > appear to support using a non-standard destination port.
22
23 Right, cvs doesn't support a port settings, as it it just uses ssh. And
24 ssh respects the .config, so it will use port 1111 when connecting to
25 host 'cvs', whether this is being done directly with the ssh command, or
26 by using CVS. My SSH server also runs on a non-standart port, but CVS
27 works fine for me. Although I can reach the server directly, without the
28 need to create a tunnel first.
29
30 Wonko