From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: billyd <billydw@×××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No longer getting elog messages
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:40:39
1 On Friday 23 April 2010 19:12:45 billyd wrote:
2 > Hi, all:
3 >
4 > I used to get info, error and warn messages in /var/log/portage/elog after
5 > emerging packages or doing emerge -uNDvp world. Beginning about 2 weeks
6 > ago, I noticed I am no longer getting those elog entries. Additionally, I
7 > noticed that I am getting duplicate entries for each package that is
8 > emerged in /var/log/portage (of course, these are the compile logs).
9
10 Have you checked the obvious things, like sufficient disk space in elog/ ?
13 What version of portage and python are you running?
18 > I have Gentoo installed on 2 computers, both using arch ~amd64. All 3
19 > installations have KDE 4 (latest in portage for ~amd64 arch).
20 >
21 > PC #1 uses this profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde
22 > PC #2 has two installs:
23 >
24 > Install #1 uses profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop
25 > Install #2 uses profile: default/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
26 >
27 > This problem is happening on all 3 of my Gentoo installations and all
28 > started at the same time. The only changes have been through doing
29 > updates. I sync nearly every day followed my # emerge -uNDvp world. Other
30 > than issues with xorg-server 1.8.0 and the nvidia-drivers, all my updates
31 > have been successful.
32 >
33 > Note: I have masked xorg-server 1.8.0 in /etc/portage/package.mask until
34 > the nvidia-drivers catch up.
35 >
36 > I have searched the forums, checked bugzilla and googled on this topic and
37 > have yet to find a solution. My Gentoo installs are working just fine
38 > except for this issue.
39 >
40 > I have attached /etc/make.conf from only one of the installs as they are
41 > all the same. Here are the 3 lines I have in my make.conf files as they
42 > relate to logging the elog messages:
43 >
44 > PORT_LOGDIR="/var/log/portage"
45 > PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="log warn error"
46 > PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save"
47 >
48 > Thank you for the help.
49 >