From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] online browsable ebuilds by arch?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:49:57
1 Hello folks,
2
3 I use this link for browsing ebuilds online[1]. It is escecially useful
4 when non_gentoo folks are discussion how to compile from sources;
5 particularly complex/compound compilations and or difficult codes
6 (except java). I find myself always referring to online ebuilds when
7 in discussions with folks who are not "blessed" with a gentoo system
8 to view ebuilds. I often use ebuids as a roadmap for folks that
9 are trying to compile things from soureces. Subliminally, there is the
10 backdrop that folks should use gentoo for source_code development
11 and testing.
12
13 This fantastic repo has very old codes and often the newer codes are mulit-arch.
16 What I cannot seem to find is this sort of organization, filtered
17 by architecture. It's be really keen to see one just for arm and
18 arm64. So the next time I talking about putting gnucash (for example)
19 on a handheld (mips) device, it is easy to quickly find the correct ebuild
20 from which to be a pedantic snob (just teasing). I do collide with
21 egg_heads, quite often, unfortunately. Redhat and it's derivatives
22 seem to collect such folks; but they admit how horrible those
23 distros are for sourcecode efforts.
27 Any git* repos that have a nice, logical frontend for organizing
28 and visually parsing ebuilds, by arch, would be keen; particularly
29 for arm64. Any comments or suggestions are most welcome.
30
31 James
32
33 [1] https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/