From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Konqueror and Flash (again...)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 14:53:33
1 A few weeks back the list gave me some advice on using Flash on KDE 3.5 under
2 amd64 arch. I ended up with using gnash, which has a kpart, with konqueror
3 routinely, and adobe-flash-10.0.22.87 (64 bit) with firefox for when I wanted
4 to see a movie. And all was well. :)
5
6 Then, in my pride and arrogance, I decided to upgrade my desktop to use KDE
7 4.2.3. After two days of hacking away, I now have almost all the functionally
8 I had with KDE 3.5.10 (two omissions being amarok and bluetooth). However,
9 every time I visit a site with flash I get a segfault in nspluginviewer after
10 it's loaded libflashplayer.so. Someone mentioned they had this working, I am
11 curious to know how since there are quite a few open tickets for this on
12 k.b.o.
13
14 TIA
15 -Robin
16 --
18 Robin Atwood.
19
20 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
21 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
22 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling