From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail delivery agent (MDA) wanted
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 14:24:09
1 Am Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 07:19:19PM -0700 schrieb Grant Taylor:
2 > On 12/18/21 4:00 PM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > Just for the record and completeness’ sake: ... I found out that the
4 > > program was actually called dma -- the DragonFly BSD mail transport
5 > > agent, not mda.
6 >
7 > Thank you for sharing your find Frank.
8 >
9 > The DragonFly BSD MTA looks interesting. I'll have to check it out.
10 > Especially if it's small and intended for local delivery and / or getting
11 > messages off of box all the while without exposing an SMTP port.
12
13 I actually managed to get it going yesterday on both my laptop and PC. :)
14
15 Just install dma, remove /var/spool/mail/* from previous attempts (due to
16 wrong permission), and `echo test | mail root` worked like a charm both for
17 root and my user. But for some reason, when root mails to my user, the mail
18 remains stuck in the queue in /var/spool/dma. But that’s not really a
19 problem because it’s an irrelevant use case.
20
21 Now I finally have smartd messaging, and getting it into my mutt sidebar was
22 only one line away in muttrc. Coincidentally, I found out that I seem to
23 have smart monitoring included in KDE already. But that doesn’t help me on
24 the NAS, of course.
27 Grüße | Greetings | Qapla’
28 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
29
30 Distant relatives aren’t what they used to be since the invention of planes.