From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Going to Ubuntu - was 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:14:29
1 Joseph wrote:
2 >
3 > I wasn't clear, the computer runs usually for 20 to 30minus and kernel
4 > panic comes up on the screen. I'm still googling for some solutions and
5 > I can only find some suggestion; no clear answer.
6 >
7 > I think I went too fast for AMD64; I should have stayed with x86 and old
8 > good IDE drive.
9 > Somebody suggested: "Enabling 32 bit mode for the drives in the BIOS to
10 > cure this problem." I'll check my Bios the next time it will crash :-/
13 If the only problem is the sata controller then you can try interfacing your hard drive some other way until the sata driver situation clears up.
14
15 I actually boot my system off of a 3.5" hard drive that's in an external usb 2.0 enclosure. That way I can plug into practically any computer and have my complete gentoo system! I've even though about buying USB 2.0/IDE bridges for internal use (rather than for an external enclosure) because they are inexpensive and allow for hot swapping.
16
17 Zac
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list