From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] how do i know my SMP is working and setup right?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 23:18:01
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Denis [mailto:denis.che@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 3:47 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do i know my SMP is working
6 > and setup right?
7 >
8 > Having done this several times now, you have to select the following
9 > in the kernel:
10 >
11 > -SMP support and SMP Scheduling (only for processors with
12 > Hyperthreading)
13 > -Enhanced Real Time Clock (RTC) support
14 > -ACPI (in the power management menu)
15 >
16 > Without ACPI support, only one processor will be recognized, as I
17 > recently had experienced.
18 >
19 > There may be something else I'm forgetting, but right now the list
20 > seems complete. Hope this helps.
21
22 I checked my .config and it seems I have those set (and running in
23 current kernel).
24
25 So why doesn't KDE show it in the little CPU applet?
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list