From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] start X at startup without a login manager
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:22:14
1 * Florian Philipp (lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net) [20.03.09 19:09]:
2 > fei huang schrieb:
3 > > I don't have any "xdm", "gdm" stuff but would like to start my windows
4 > > manager directly at startup, cause I'm the only one that use it.
5 > >
6 > You know that this is a possible security thread? Anyone who has access
7 > to your computer can simply press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and enter the console
8 > session you used to start x-server.
9 > Locking your X-session won't help against that.
10 >
11 You did read, that he wants to start it via the local service, and from
12 the commandline?
13
14 Propably not, since then your advice is pointless.
17 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
18
19 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de