From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installer (Sabayon 3.4 Loop 1) can't detect s/w RAID disks / fails with /etc/fstab mount error
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:32:26
1 070429 ruscook ozbike wrote:
2 > as a new Sabayon/Gentoo user
3 > and one ONLY used to binary distributions to date,
4 > I wanted to go up a version to get the latest:
5 > a) gnome (2.81)
6 > b) kernel (not so important)
7
8 I would recommend re-installing with pure Gentoo:
9 it's not difficult, but it does take a bit of time & attention.
10 Read the installation docs carefully & follow them to the letter.
11 Then you will have a properly functioning Gentoo box,
12 which you can keep as upto-date or super-stable as you prefer,
13 & you never need to do another installation. Otherwise,
14 choose one of the pure binary distros, which are best for most Linux users.
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list