From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing mailserver with ssh
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:04:00
1 On Sunday, 18 June 2006 5:35, Mick wrote:
2 > On 17/06/06, Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > You cannot use an ssh client in this manner.
4 > >
5 > > If you want a telnet client, emerge either netkit-telnetd or telnet-bsd.
6 >
7 > Thanks for all the replies. I had not emerged telnet so far because
8 > of potential security reasons. Is netcat better in that respect?
9
10 I believe any potential security problems would only concern you if you were
11 running a telnet daemon not just using a client.
14 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list