From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the most error resistant filesystem?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 04:30:26
1 On 3 October 2011 20:47, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > Hello people!
3 >
4 > Now, I have the same question as this guy:
5 >
6 > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=66651
7 >
8 > I.e., what is the most robust filesystem for Linux?
9
10 The *most* robust? Probably something seriously expensive from IBM or similar.
11
12 I'd go with ReiserFS or Ext3. Both are very good. I use ReiserFS
13 pretty much everywhere. No running-out-of-inode problems with ReiserFS
14 so I prefer it over Ext3.
15
16 > The box will be used as a gateway/firewall for a branch office, so I really
17 > couldn't care less about filesystem performance. But the utility power there
18 > is horrendous, so I need something that can shrug off a catastrophic power
19 > loss, and/or very fast fsck.
20
21 Then why not simply use a LiveCD like OpenWall? Unbreakable file
22 system as it's all read-only (or RAM). Can't beat read-only. :-)