From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pipe Lines - A really basic question
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:10:12
1 On 2010-09-10, Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net> wrote:
2 > Am 09.09.2010 22:28, schrieb Grant Edwards:
3
4 >>> Throw `cut`, `paste`, `join` and `grep` into the mix and you can
5 >>> build your own relational database system based on shell scripts ;)
6 >>
7 >> Sort of linke /rdb: http://www.rdb.com/
8 >
9 > Interesting. I've just read the paper they have posted.
10
11 About 12 years ago, I bought a copy and used it to track bugs and
12 failures for a product that was in beta. The the installer and
13 node-locked licensing was awkward and slightly buggy. Once installed,
14 it was pretty easy to use. I even had a simple web UI using vanilla
15 cgi shellscripts, and a report generator that generated output via
16 LaTeX.
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Is it 1974? What's
20 at for SUPPER? Can I spend
21 gmail.com my COLLEGE FUND in one
22 wild afternoon??