From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 22:11:14
1 Wol wrote:
2 > On 18/12/2022 18:59, Dale wrote:
3 >> Since this is local, I just use rsync to do my backups.  I did have to
4 >> change the options a bit.  It seems TrueNAS doesn't like some of the
5 >> permissions or something.
6 >
7 > Are you running the rsync daemon on the NAS? I'm probably teaching
8 > grandma to suck eggs, but that massively reduces the need for network
9 > traffic.
10 >
11 > Cheers,
12 > Wol
17 I mount the NAS on my Gentoo rig.  I mount it under /mnt.  Then I run
18 rsync and copy from the source to the mount point for the NAS.  I may
19 could go the other way but never thought about doing it that way.  Kinda
20 sounds backwards to me but I dunno. ;-)
21
22 Dale
23