From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Is there a gcc-4.1.1 alternative?
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:50:15
1 I'm fed up with this. I've restarted the emerge of gcc-4.1.1-r3 on my
2 server box four times now. It always gets to compiling insn-attrtab.o
3 and then it never stops. I even went into the Makefile to find the
4 exact command used to compile this particular object file and ran the
5 command manually. It only took half an hour, but when I told it to
6 emerge sys-devel/gcc, I guess it didn't like my manually built file, so
7 it's doing it over again. This time it's been trying to build this file
8 for over eight hours.
9
10 4499 root 18 0 132m 35m 416 R 1.5 60.2 8:41.94 cc1
11
12 bullet ~ # strace -p 4499
13 Process 4499 attached - interrupt to quit
14
15 This strace doesn't help me much. What does "attached" mean, anyway?
16 Is there some other way for me to get gcc-4 on my server box? Some
17 binary package for an i586 maybe?
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list