From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Continuous beeping with kernel 3.10 and 3.11
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 02:09:40
1 Peter Weilbacher wrote:
2 > On one of my machines, I get continuous beeping from the internal
3 > loudspeaker when I boot a newer kernel (I'm using vanilla-sources). I
4 > first had that with 3.10.8 and also with 3.10.10, and it continues
5 > with 3.11.1.
6 >
7 > When I first had that problem I tried to remove all config options
8 > that had to do with the internal speaker, like
9 > CONFIG_HAVE_PCSPKR_PLATFORM
10 > CONFIG_PCSPKR_PLATFORM
11 > CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR
12 > but that didn't help.
13 >
14 > In the meantime I left the machine on long enough to discover that it
15 > stops beeping whenever it is idle long enough and blanks the display.
16 >
17 > Does that ring a bell with someone?
18 > Peter.
22 I wish I could recall the fix because I ran into this once before. I
23 changed something in the kernel config but I can't recall what it was.
24 I'm thinking on it and if it hits me, maybe after hitting send, I'll be
25 glad to share. This was maybe a year ago that I hit this tho.
26
27 I hate getting older. lol
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!