From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with dracut, please
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:47:55
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I'm installing Gentoo on a new Juno laptop, and I've reached the point of
5 > booting into the new system. I have a separate /usr partition and I'm using
6 > dracut to create an initramfs.
7 >
8 > On booting the new system I get an error I haven't heard of before: dracut
9 > complaining "sysroot has no proper sysfs layout". I'm sure I've done something
10 > stupid, but where do I start debugging this? Google hasn't helped.
14 I tried to google that message and it found nothing.  That's not good.
15 Makes me wonder what is causing that.  Made me think a bit.
16
17 Have you double checked your fstab?  Maybe you missed updating a line,
18 missed commenting something out or a typo maybe?  Any strange kernel
19 options added to your bootloader?  Typo maybe?  Have you double checked
20 that the file systems you use for /boot and / are built into the kernel?
21
22 Hopefully someone else will have more ideas but in the meantime, may
23 want to double check those.  Just to be sure.
24
25 Hope that helps, or someone else has ideas.
26
27 Dale
28