From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hp dat 72 compression problem
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:31:37
1 On Dienstag, 10. April 2007, Stefán István wrote:
2 > kedd 10 április 2007 15.52 dátummal Neil Walker ezt írta:
3 > > Stefán István wrote:
4 > > > Does anybody know how to set up the drive to be able to write 72GB of
5 > > > data onto it?
6 > >
7 > > 72GB capacity assumes 2:1 compression.
8 >
9 > Ok, I know that, but how can I set 2:1 compression?
12 you CAN NOT!
13
14 The drive does some compression - but there are lots and lots of files and
15 filtetypes that simply can not packed anymore. Pictures, movies, music files,
16 everything already compressed. This stuff may even take up more space after
17 packing.
18
19 So 46gb on a 36/72gb tape is not bad for mixed data. You can only get better
20 results, if everything you backup are text files.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list