From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Only one processor ?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 02:22:44
1 On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:49:09 -0700
2 "Richard Fish" <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 3/28/06, Keats <neokeats@×××××××.fr> wrote:
5 > > > Have you activated the ht at the system bios??
6 > >
7 > > i don't think it can be that...
8 > > it's a server, i haven't access physicaly to it... so i can't modify
9 > > bios settings...
10 > > and i suppose my prodider have the set like it would be...
11 >
12 > It absolutely can be that. HT requires BIOS support, and there is
13 > usually an option to enable or disable it.
14 >
15 > -Richard
16
17 I want to second this. We got 3 freebie dual 3.2 GHz xeons with HT from
18 HP a few months back. I am pretty certain that he bios had HT support
19 off by defualt.
20
21 Jim
22 --