From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is portage insisting that I upgrade media-libs/opencv?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 05:51:38
1 On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > You did post emerge output using -t and it shows up at the top level
3 > which is a bit odd, it implies portage wants to update opencv anyway,
4 > not as a result of it being a dep.
5
6 I agree it's odd and I agree it appears that portage isn't updating
7 opencv because it's a dep. FWIW, an "emerge -pv opencv" wants to
8 reinstall opencv-2.4.5 while an "emerge -Dauv world" wants to upgrade
9 me to 2.4.8.
10
11 > grep -r opencv /etc/portage
12
13 Yes, I was looking at that too. Nothing interesting there:
14
15 jane ~ # grep -r opencv /etc/portage/
16 /etc/portage/package.use:media-libs/opencv cuda opencl
17 /etc/portage/package.mask:# 2014-03-13: Hold off on opencv upgrade
18 /etc/portage/package.mask:>media-libs/opencv-2.4.5
19
20 > equery depends opencv
21
22 Also uninteresting: