From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} RAM & apache MaxClients (rock & a hard place)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:45:49
1 >> I lowered my MaxClients setting in apache a long time ago after
2 >> running out of memory a couple times. I recently optimized my
3 >> website's code and sped the site way up, and now I find myself
4 >> periodically up against MaxClients. Is a RAM upgrade the only
5 >> practical way to solve this sort of problem?
6 >
7 > Use a reverse proxy in caching mode.
8 >
9 > A request served up by the proxy server is a request not served up by
10 > Apache.
11 >
12 > Squid, nginx and varnish are all decent for the purpose, though squid
13 > and nginx are probably the more polished than varnish.
14
15 Thanks Michael, I think I will set up nginx to serve my images. That
16 should take a big load off apache. Is nginx still beneficial when
17 using the Worker MPM?
18
19 Should I be OK with NGINX_MODULES_HTTP="" in /etc/make.conf if I'm
20 only serving images?
21
22 - Grant