From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emacs font problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:52:27
1 On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:11:17 +0000 (UTC)
2 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 2010-07-12, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
5 >
6 > > You don't need to have DejaVu, but I would advise getting either
7 > > DejaVu or bitstream vera.
8 >
9 > I guess I can install more fonts, but I was hoping I could point emacs
10 > at one of the rougly 4000 I've already got.
11
12 You can. I'm not sure why is that but it seems that your emacs is not
13 able to find variable pitch font - "About emacs" screen and tooltips
14 are using such font; normal edit buffers uses a fixed width font. To
15 be more precise, they are using 'variable-pitch' face so you have to
16 set font for that face. You can do that with 'M-x customize-face
17 <RET> variable-pitch <RET>'. This displays a buffer where you can set
18 the font.
19
20 Note that 'customize-face' command offers you the face that is used to
21 display a character on which the cursor is. So if you place the
22 cursor on one of the empty boxes then 'M-x customize-face <RET>' should
23 automatically offer you the 'variable-pitch' face.
24
25 Regards,
26 Robert
30 Robert Cernansky