From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: "masked by: EAPI 7" trying up update "portage" - how to proceed
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:51:01
1 On Monday, 15 June 2020 16:49:39 BST Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2020-06-15, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > ><Snipped lengthy output>
4 > >
5 > > With a system that has not been updated for over 3 years, I would suggest
6 > > to Start from scratch and copy the config across.
7 >
8 > That's definitely, by far, the fastest and easiest way to get to a
9 > working, current system.
10 >
11 > > If you do insist on trying to work through this,
12 >
13 > Which is something many of us have done once just to see if we could.
14 >
15 > It's not something one tends to do a second time. :)
16
17 Once bitten, twice shy... :)
20 Regards,
21 Peter.