From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:28:00
1 Hello, Martin.
2
3 On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 02:56:42PM +0000, Martin Vaeth wrote:
4 > Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5 > > !!! /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-9999.ebuild
6 > > !!! Got: 8493
7 > > !!! Expected: 8580
8
9 > Do you use the default (rsync) for syncing, or have you changed
10 > the method?
11
12 rsync all the time.
13
14 > I have the above claimed filesize (8493), but the Manifest
15 > I obtained from rsync is correct.
16
17 > The timestamp of the Manifest file in that folder is
18 > Nov 13, 08:17:31 (UTC)
19
20 I have 07:17:31 +0000 for Manifest and ChangeLog. Are you sure your
21 08:17:31 isn't central European time?
22
23 > (do not forget to export TZ=UTC when you check the date).
24 > Exactly the same date has the ChangeLog file in that folder
25 > (which is not surprsing).
26
27 It does indeed.
28
29 > If in your case ChangeLog and Manifest *both* have an older date,
30 > you got the data perhaps from an outdated mirror.
31
32 > If ChangeLog has the same date, but Manifest is older (or newer
33 > and still wrong), something strange is going on. In such a case,
34 > one should also consider reasons like local filesystem errors.
35
36 I don't think I've got a filesystem error: ext3 is tried and tested.
37 After downloading /etc/portage via rsync again, I still get the same
38 error.
41 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).