From: Tito Valentin <tito@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote rsync
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:11:35
1 Paul,
2
3 You could try it like this:
4
5 rsync -Cav --delete --progress /test -e ssh lkd5f:/test
6
7 Also, make sure that your other machine allows you to connect via ssh
8 ...hope this helps
9
10 Paul Stear wrote:
11
12 >Hi all,
13 >I am trying to rsync to a remote server with the command:
14 >rsync -Cav --delete --progress /test lkd5f:/test
15 >but I get the following error messages:
16 >ssh: connect to host lkd5f port 22: Connection refused
17 >rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
18 >rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(434)
19 >
20 >2 questions
21 >1. Should this command work?
22 >2. How do I prevent port 22 from refusing the connection?
23 >
24 >I am a complete dunce with anything to do with remote machines so any help
25 >will be greatly received
26 >
27 >Paul
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list