From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel build error
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:24:19
1 Saphirus Sage wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I'm trying to upgrade my kernel but I got this.
7 >>
8 >> root@smoker /usr/src/linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r8 # make all && make
9 >> modules_install
10 >> CHK include/linux/version.h
11 >> CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h
12 >> CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh
13 >> CHK include/linux/compile.h
14 >> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `n/n', needed by
15 >> `firmware/n.gen.o'. Stop.
16 >> make: *** [firmware] Error 2
17 >> root@smoker /usr/src/linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r8 #
18 >>
19 >> I have always used that command but it doesn't usually end like this. I
20 >> think that is right. What is target 'n/n'? Am I missing something?
21 >> Kernel version is in the prompt up there too.
22 >>
23 >> Thanks.
24 >>
25 >> Dale
26 >>
27 >> :-) :-)
31 > What firmware drivers had you enabled when you configured the kernel?
36 Well, I copied .config from my old kernel, ran oldconfig then menuconfig
37 to check on a couple things. Everything looked normal enough for me
38 system. I did say no to the new stuff tho. My old kernel works fine so
39 I am really only updating the kernel.
40
41 I'm not sure what you mean by "firmware drivers"? I don't use modules
42 but it does have a couple that are default and can't get rid of.
43
44 Dale
45