From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] OT: Email from Mac to PC/Win
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:38:58
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Adrian [mailto:linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com]
3 > Sent: 02 February 2007 14:22
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Email from Mac to PC/Win
6
7 ... foo ...
10 > When she sends emails from her Mac:
11 > Sometimes attachments don't arrive.
12 > Sometimes the emails never arrive (or so people claim, never
13 > happens to
14 > me)
15 > Sometimes her emails end up in the junk mail folder (again, never
16 > happens to me)
17 >
18 > Our "IT" people are telling here this is because Mac email is not
19 > "compatible" with PCs. My intuition & years of computer use is
20 > telling me this is bullshit.
23 I would try the following:
24
25 Have her send a plain text email to an outlook inbox as well as a gmail or something address. See if it arrives at both. If it only arrives at one, Outlook is to blame. If neither, her Mac is.
26
27 Then try with an attachment. Also check all your junk filters.
30 djn
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list