From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simple SMTP to cmd-line MTA relay?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:28:23
1 On 01/19/2018 11:03 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I need to setup an SMTP relay server.
3
4 Okay.
5
6 > It needs to accept messages as an SMTP server (using SSL and AUTH on a
7 > non-standard port) from a single user and single source and then relay
8 > them by passing them to a command-line MTA (e.g. /usr/bin/sendmail
9 > replacement provided by msmtp).
10
11 I'm not completely clear on what you're wanting. But it sounds like you
12 want to be able to send email by passing the output of <something> into
13 the input of /usr/sbin/sendmail (or the likes). Is th
14
15 > It only needs to handle a few messages per week, and doesn't need to
16 > handle more than one connection at a time.
17
18 IMHO the number of message is mostly immaterial.
19
20 > exim?
21 > postfix?
22 > emailrelay?
23
24 My personal MTA of choice is sendmail.
25
26 > What I can't figure out for the above is how you configure them to send
27 > the mail using a command line MTA like /usr/bin/sendmail or /usr/bin/msmtp
28 > instead of initiating a network connection to an SMTP server.
29
30 I haven't done enough with the above (alternate) MTAs to be able to
31 speak to them. But my understanding is that they come with a
32 /path/to/sendmail wrapper script (or binary) that emulates part of what
33 the sendmail binary did. At least the portions there of that clients
34 use to submit email the way that you're talking.
35
36 > I'm currently using something I wrote in Python, but the SSL support in
37 > the 3rd party SMTP module is broken and I don't relish trying to fix it.
38
39 Do you actually need a local MTA (daemon)? Or do you just need
40 something smart enough to accept messages from standard in and pass them
41 out via a smart host?
42
43 IMHO this is trivial to do with Sendmail, and how I would do it. If you
44 want to go that route, let me know and I'm happy to help.
49 Grant. . . .
50 unix || die

smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature