From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Converter parallel-port to USB
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:19:13
1 John Campbell wrote:
2 > On 11/28/2011 07:16 PM, James wrote:
3 >
4 >> An old parallel port on an old pci card should do the
5 >> trick, if all you needs is a parallel port.
6 >>
7 >> Some of those old Laserjet printer could be set up across a serial
8 >> port, if nothing else works.....
9 >
10 > I'd also check your computer's innards for a parallel port header. My
11 > gigabyte board has several legacy headers, a parallel port is one of
12 > them.
16 Mine does too. It has a serial port, used for my UPS. I bet it has a
17 parallel port too, at least one anyway.
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!