From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Corrupt USB pen drive
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:00:36
1 On Thursday 17 May 2007 18:04, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > Thanks Dan, as I said above I tried to extract the MBR out of it by
4 > > running:
5 > >
6 > > dd if=/dev/sda of=/tmp/r1 bs=512
7 > >
8 > > But couldn't access it whatsoever.
9 >
10 > Oops! I could access it, but of course I had to try it as root!
11 > Right, I've got it on my hard drive now, but still cannot mount it:
12 > ==================================
13 > # mount -t vfat /dev/loop2 /tmp/r1
14 > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop2,
15 > missing codepage or other error
16 > In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
17 > dmesg | tail or so
19
20 IIRC, that is not the right syntax for mounting a loopback filesystem.
21 If /tmp/r1 is the file containing the filesystem, try
22
23 mount -o loop /tmp/r1 /mnt/somewhere
24
25 and make sure you have support for loopback devices in your kernel.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list