From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: JMicron confusion
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:43:16
1 On 9/29/06, Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 9/29/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > On 9/29/06, Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > Let me rephrase my question: If I only use SATA drives, non RAID,
5 > > > they only run through the P975 southbridge, and I should be ok, right?
6 > >
7 > > Well I don't own one of these things, but it looks like the SATA stuff
8 > > goes through the JMicron chip, while the RAID is provided by the 975.
9 >
10 > I thought it was the other way around?
11
12 Maybe...as I said I don't have one of these beasties, and I was
13 inferring based on someone else's lspci output from the forums.
14
15 Either way, there is no guarantee, as 965 support still had issues until 2.6.18.
16
17 Anyway, some recent threads from -amd64 might be helpful:
18
19 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.amd64/8975
20 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.amd64/8870/focus=8870
21 (ignore the "this isn't amd so go away" crap from the second one)
22
23 -Richard
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list