From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: off-topic: logitech mice (MX1000)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:10:30
1 At Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:30:58 +0100 Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2009 16:07:46 schrieb walt:
4 >> That's why I was wondering if just a simple front-or-back turn of the
5 >> wheel also produces two different button events for each notch -- you
6 >> should see only button-4 events for forward and only button-5 events for
7 >> backward. (I actually see two button-4 events for each notch forward,
8 >> but the 'state' differs between the first and second event.)
9 >
10 > You get one event for ButtonPress and one event for ButtonRelease
11
12 Correct. Remember that on the left or right motion I received two
13 presses and two releases for two different "X-buttons".
14
15 This same thing happens for other physical buttons on the beast.
16 Fortunately the two main buttons give just button 1 and button 3
17 respectively.
18 Another button just gives button 2 and the wheel rotation give button 4
19 in one direction and 5 in the other. So it does work as a wheeled mouse
20 if I ignore all the other physical buttons.
21
22 allan