From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] diskless booting
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:49:36
1 Hello Dan,
2
3 Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx> writes:
4
5 > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:57:05 -0230
6 > Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca> wrote:
7 >
8 >> Well, I had it working on Friday but over the weeekend I tinkered some
9 >> more with pixegrub and broke it again. Now pxelinux won't work
10 >> either.
11 >
12 > I've attached my dhcpd.conf, sans rndc-key. Please note that this
13 > configuration has a big block of code that is for dynamic DNS updates.
14 > I kept it in because I found it hard to figure out for myself, and I
15 > figured it would be better to put more out on the web rather than refer
16 > you to sources I don't even know exist. I don't know if you are
17 > running BIND or a DNS server that can do static updates, but if you
18 > can, I highly suggest it for your own sanity.
19
20 As soon as I sat down at the box this morning I spotted the problem,
21 which was incredibly stupid (but sadly self typical): I had named my
22 in.tftpd config file without the final "d". Argh! Now everything
23 seems to be running again.
24
25 I have kept a copy of your dhcpd.conf as a useful reference.
26
27 What I'm trying to accomplish is to build a kerrighed system. Now on
28 to the next stage.
29
30 Thanks again for your help.
31